Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sophie's Cosmic Cafe

Usually breakfast is my least favourite meal of the day when it comes to dining out.  My usual fare of hasbrowns and dry toast gets pretty boring after so many years.  A lot of places offer a side of fruit, but it's usually melons and grapes that have been marinating in lemon juice and water and pretty devoid of taste.

So this morning when Mr. Carnivore and I went out for breakfast, I picked the place: Sophie's Cosmic Cafe.  When we first arrived, there was a bit of a line-up spilling out into the sidewalk and Mr. Carnivore grumbled a bit, but we only had to wait a few minutes before being seated.

As you enter, you're greeted by hundreds (maybe even thousands) of knick-knacks and figurines which are affixed to every nook and cranny. My favourite is the pair of glittery silver high-heel boots near the front counter.

Sophies Cosmic Cafe has a really great selection of vegetarian options on the menu, including a Mexican tofu scramble, served with salsa, tortilla chips, 2 flour tortillas and black beans.  And the portions are ridiculously huge.  I barely ate half before my pants were begging to be loosened.  Mr Carnivore had (non-veg) French Toast with berries and was sufficiently stuffed as well.  He'd be happy to go to Sophies again, and that makes me happy :)

No comments: